Lugnut

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Cheezball Breakfast

I stopped at Menards recently and they had these gigantic clear plastic canisters of cheese balls, the little corn puff balls covered with cheese powder (and salt and greese). I bought one for $4 thinking I would take it to work and place it in the middle of the table at a meeting the next day over the lunch hour. Well I took it to the meeting and everyone looked at it suspiciously while they ate their sandwiches and things. No one ate the balls.

So I've had this giant can of chee-z-balls sitting on a table in my office for a week now and I can't help but scoop out a handful now and then. I've had four or five handfuls for breakfast this morning. Last week, I saw four of our highly paid information technology professionals down in the atrium of the building fixing the information kiosk. I brought the cheezers down for them and made the group five. Over the course of two hours, they managed to eat half of the canister's contents. Moreover, that two hours probably cost my company upwards of $500 in lost productivity. This was a job some kid from the helpdesk could have fixed in 15 minutes but we had four and five guys down there wasting away two hours.

The Cheese Ball Canister now stands at about one quarter full. That thing could feed an entire town in Africa for only $4 per day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home