Lugnut

Friday, May 05, 2006

Posts bitching about one's employer or boss suck so I try not to write them, but here I am going to bitch about my boss as an individual, not as my boss.

I was in a meeting a few days ago and it was decided that we needed to set up a meeting with some dudes downtown. Since the dudes were going to be helping us with a project, it was suggested that we go to a place close to them and pick up the lunch tab. My boss says, "I don't want to go downtown. Is it safe to go downtown?"

It is safer to go downtown than to drive to and from Apple Valley, where my boss lives, every day in rush hour traffic. There was a murder outside a club downtown a few weeks ago and all the suburbanites are scared of Minneapolis now.

Goddam suburbanites. Tens of thousands of people live and work in downtown Minneapolis every day. A suburbanite sees that someone was murdered there on the evening news and is galvanized with fear at the notion of going there for lunch. Jesus fuck, my boss voted for Bush too, and he's never been outside of the USA, he's probably one of the dorks who can't find Iraq on a map, and he makes six figures running operations at a college that prides itself on its internationalism and diversity.

It would be like if I were afraid to go to Burnsville because I heard some kid chopped his parents with an axe while they were asleep. As though the kid would come looking for me if I set foot in that city.

Goddam fuckcheese.

1 Comments:

  • 'kin hate the suburbanite mentality....I've been dealing with it this week with my coworkers too.

    By Blogger Zathras, At 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home