Lugnut

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Today on my way to work I saw a dude wearing those old stone washed type of jeans that had the elastic bands at the ankles. Then I saw another dude wearing a Hard Rock Cafe jacket. Then I had a premonition that the band Glass Tiger was planning a reunion.

When I sat down at my desk and started reading email, one of the messages was a cc from a co-worker who always accidentally addresses this guy named Doug as "Dough." It is hilarious because she's done it a few times, as in "Dough, I've gone ahead and installed blah blah blah..."

I sued this tire distributor down in Rochester, Minnesota because he had refused to pay me $250 on a warranty claim I had made after having agreed to pay twice. It was a big clusterfuck the way it all ended up down in Rochester, when the shitheads at Cooper Tire and Rubber should have been the ones to pay. After acting really angry and agressive for 15 minutes, the distributor guy finally agreed to pay me $250 and deal with Cooper through his company channels. I don't know why I am bringing it up here, other than to have another chance to get a dig in on the shitheads at Cooper Tire. Defective tires can cause loss of life if they fail at highway speeds. I don't think many people really consider how important the rubber on their cars is. Apparently Cooper Tire feels it is a risk worth taking, given the treatment I received when I tried to get them to act. I'll never take tire purchases lightly again.

It cost me about $100 to file in Olmsted County conciliation court if you include fees and gas money. So I am ahead on it in the end, but I think I will just donate the $250 to some cause like an animal charity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home