Lugnut

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Buyshit Elves Profiles: the Heroes of the Buyshit Season #2

Here is the second installment of the Elves profiles. This time we learn about Sharon Lundegard, a fatass who sells craft shit at malls.

Name:Sharon Lundegard
Hometown:Fridley, Minnesota, USA

Background:
Oh nothin' much, I just grew up on a farm down by Albert Lea. I got married 12 years ago and moved to the big city with my husband Greg. Now we have two boys, 11 and 12, and a cockapoo. I got into craftin' when I was pregnant with my first. My mother would bring over some supplies and we'd watch the baby and make ornaments and things.

What Do You Make?
Oh lotsa things. Every Christmas I look through the magazines for ideas and then go to the store to get some supplies. This year I made cute little Rudolph ornaments out of pretzels, pipe cleaners, little bells, and red candies. I sell those for $1 each at the craft shows. I also made some nativity scenes out of Chex Mix, craft moss, wood shacks that Greg made out in the garage, and little plastic figures. Those ones are $12 but I lose money on them. Most of the stuff I make I lose money on, but it keeps me busy.

What Is Your Job Like?
I love it. Me and the girls get together to sell our wares at Northtown and its a hoot! I shouldn't be tellin' ya this but there's one woman who sells there, I can't repeat what we call her here, but every year she steals our ideas and we see her selling them for less than us. Ooh it just burns me up. So this year Greg took a dried up poop from our dog Skeeter and glued it on some Ritz crackers with some little "Noel" sequins and then I snuck 'em into her Chex Mix nativity scene that some lady bought. The lady came back and yelled at her and she thought her kids did it. It was the funniest thing when Amber the Dumb Sow (oops that's what we call her) went over to the KB Toys where her kids were playin' and started yellin' "who put the poop in my nativity scene?" but she was saying the s-word where I said 'poop.' I don't know maybe we were too mean to her but she deserved it.

What Do You Do for Fun?
Besides craftin'? Watch TV.

Thank you Sharon for sharing your story with us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home